Little You Know About Clapham High Street Railway Station

Tree House Clapham – Clapham High Street Station is at the South London Line in Clapham, withinside the London Borough of Lambeth, Greater London. It is measured 10.1 km (6 miles 21 chains) from London Bridge (the vintage LC and DR structures also are 2 miles 25 chains (3.7 km) measured from London Victoria).

To Battersea Park below the manage of the London Rail Division of Transport for London and a day by day south-east carrier to Ashford International. It’s near Clapham North tube station, and the interchange among the 2 counts as an interchange out of doors of the Oyster station, so passengers are charged for a unmarried adventure in preference to separate journeys.

Also Visit :

Services

The standard off-top and top carrier is 4 London Overground trains in step with hour to Clapham Junction and 4 trains in step with hour to Dalston Junction through Shoreditch High Street, becoming a member of the East London Line at Surrey Quays.

From 9 December 2012, London Overground services commenced out strolling amongst Clapham Junction and Surrey Quays, completing the orbital course spherical London. As a result, all Southern services had been withdrawn and modified with London Overground services, with four trains calling in step with hour.

History

The station turn out to be opened on 25 August 1862 via the London, Chatham and Dover Railway (LCDR) as Clapham, renamed Clapham & North Stockwell from May 1863. The London, Brighton and South Coast Railway (LBSCR) route (modern-day Atlantic Line, often referred to via its vintage name of South London Line) turn out to be prison via an 1863 Act of Parliament and parallels the precise 1862 LCDR route eastwards amongst Wandsworth Road and Brixton and beyond. Until the 1923 grouping all strains through the station had been owned via the LCDR, with leased to the LBSCR for their sole use.

A 1908 Railway Clearing House map of strains spherical Clapham High Street
The precise ‘south’ 1862 line turn out to be leased to the LBSCR in 1867 and the LCDR used the new ‘north’ 1867 strains.

The gift systems, together with the Grade II listed 1862 station building, form the precise station. These systems had been used by the LCDR from 1862 to 1867, and the LBSCR until the 1923 grouping.

The 1867 LCDR systems had been closed on 3 April 1916 and ultimately demolished.The eastbound platform’s station building turn out to be destroyed via a bomb in 1944.

The LCDR 1866 station building (on the north side) turn out to be in component demolished in 1924 after the 1916 closure, in the long run being demolished withinside the late 1970s. In British Rail days, get admission to to the systems turn out to be via a subway on the north side.

The precise south 1862 building turn out to be sold, being initially used as a fixtures warehouse in advance than being redeveloped in 2003 as residential accommodation. It is now Grade II listed. The platform had a full-duration cowl that turn out to be demolished withinside the late 1970s.

The line amongst London Victoria and London Bridge turn out to be electrified at 6600 V AC on the overhead tool on 1 December 1909. It turn out to be re-electrified in 1928 the usage of 1/3 rail 660 V DC and the overhead turn out to be dismantled.

In 1937 it turn out to be renamed Clapham in advance than receiving its modern-day name in 1989 to avoid confusion with Clapham Junction.

The station in 1984 with fencing being erected a few of the platform and former station building
In 2012 Southern refurbished the eastbound platform, erecting a contemporary fence and repaving the surface. In late 2012, London Overground erected new equipped shelters and station name signs.

Follow us here to :
SlotVoyager24 | Slot Online Terbaik
JAGO77 | Situs Judi Slot Online Terpercaya
SBobet | Situs Judi Bola Online Terpercaya
Judi Bola | Agen Judi Bola Online Terbaik